August 15, 2023
I’m so lucky I get to work with a lot of wonderful suppliers in the wedding industry and Chelsea is definitely one of my favourites, she’s always top of the list of my recommended makeup artists. Not only because she’s very talented at what she does, but also the loveliest person to be around.
I asked Chelsea if she’d like a spot on the blog and I’m so happy she said yes! Get to know more about the lovely Chelsea and what you might want to know before booking!
– I have been lucky enough to be a makeup artist for almost 14 years, but I have specialised in bridal makeup for over 9 years now. I absolutely love being a bridal makeup artist, the fresh, enhancing style of makeup is what I absolutely love. I am passionate about making my lovely brides, their bridal parties and their loved ones feel amazing and their absolute best. Whether that is a very soft natural – no makeup makeup, A Soft glam look or a full glam if that is you to a tee. There isn’t a “Bridal look” that everyone needs to adhere to, what’s important is that you look and feel amazing and your very best. I can cater for everyone from brides, Bridesmaids, flower girls, Mums, Grans, nan’s & all male grooming. I’ve also been known to cover a few best man black eyes before now from stag do drunken antics! Haha! My clients have ranged from flower girls having a touch of sparkle to an 88 year old glam Nan. I absolutely love being able to put a smile on every ones face.
– I am based in Stockport, Cheshire in the North West of the UK and this is where I hold my bridal trials but I travel all over the UK and to destination weddings too! If you would love me for your wedding day and I’m available, I’m there! Thank you for considering me for your special day! It would be an honour.
– I honestly love every single part of my job but I think I have two favourite moments. One, Is when the bride looks in the mirror at her makeup finished for the first time. This is a look we would have created together at the trial and spoken about right from the off set at the time of booking. So its a really really special and heart warming moment to see her face light up in the mirror once complete. The second is once the bride is in her dress, fully ready and usually when she does her reveal, whether that is to the bridesmaids, her dad or everyone. It’s a magical moment, one I’m very fortunate to witness and have contributed too. I do hundreds of weddings per year and every single one is so so unbelievably special, unique and heart warming. This moment never gets old.
– My advice with booking would be as much notice as possible with all your suppliers. If you know who you want for makeup, hair, photographer, venue – Just honestly get them booked. The amount of brides that enquire and then messaged even a couple of weeks later and I’m no longer free breaks my heart. I have my diary open for 2 years ahead at all times. At the moment its open until December 2025, on the first of January 2024 I will be opening up my 2026 diary. I have hundreds of bookings for 2024 and 2025 is getting super busy too so honestly please book as far ahead as possible. I would love to be a part of your day! Pop me a message and I can check your wedding date, send a quote and all info over of how everything works!
– In terms of size of bridal parties, I always ask for a minimum of 4 adults for makeup. I can cater for up to 7-10 people by myself depending on ceremony time etc. It may be an early start if its bigger numbers but trust me you’ll be wide awake with excitement and by the time I leave you to it, you will not be able to tell who went first, I will top up everyone before I leave you all too it! If there are 8+ of you for makeup I can bring a second makeup artist with me for an additional charge but we can discuss this and make a plan when you enquire! I love a plan, being organised and if there’s anything you were wondering about how wedding mornings run please ask! I will help with anything I can to help you feel organised and excited! Wedding Mornings are such a special part of the day!
– Trials are very flexible, you are welcome to have as many trials as you like and we can organise it for as close to the wedding date or as far in advance as you like. I appreciate all brides are very different in terms of what would make them comfortable with this so I’m happy to accommodate what ever works best for you. Some brides have a trial just themselves, some may bring a bridesmaid or mum for a trial too, some bridal parties everyone has a trial and we make an afternoon of it! Which can be really lovely and special too! I try and be as accommodating as possible for what ever works best for each individual.
– Do invest in your skincare, drinking plenty of water and getting plenty of sleep in the run up to the big day ! Your skin will thank you and will look radiant. With skincare, see professional opinion from a brand or specialist.
Don’t start anything new skincare wise within 12 weeks of the wedding, start prior to this incase of sensitivity or reactions to products also the longer you do it the better the results!
– Do have a chat with bridesmaids about hair and makeup looks. Whether you have something in mind for them all or whether your happy for them to all do their own thing! Its always good that they’ve had a think about preferences or inspiration!
– Do put some tan on for your makeup trial, if your thinking of being tanned on the wedding day whether spray tan or natural tan. Trials without tan can make all the difference to how you feel, tones we use and the over all makeup look. I appreciate its a big ask but If you’re also thinking of having any treatments such as brow lamination, LVL Lash lift or Semi permanent lash extensions, it can be good if these things are also done for the trial. If your unable to you will need to bare in mind that the trial won’t reflect to the true look on the day.
You can get in touch with Chelsea via her website or Instagram!
Website – https://www.chelseamakeupartist.com/
Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/chelseamakeupartist/
I'll reply within 48hours! Please check your junk mail.
I believe it's important to capture the whole story of your day - full day coverage £1650